Can babies learn about the love of Jesus? We believe they can!
It begins with loving adults who help them answer the most basic developmental question, "AM I SAFE?" Through the care of trustworthy people, babies learn that the church is a trustworthy place. It's like the spiritual training wheels for them to ultimately decide that GOD IS TRUSTWORTHY.
These little explorers are ready to learn! Every week we have a fun hour planned just to meet their specific learning needs.
- We play for fun and connection - the language of kids is play!
- We sing to learn about the love God has for us - kids can remember the bottom line of the lesson best when it's part of a melody that replays after they leave church.
- We teach creatively so kids will stay engaged - church leaders have to remember that we have to compete with everything else a child could be doing besides coming to church!
- We play games to review - we want lessons to carry over the the home and neighborhood.
- We get creative with art - kids can reinforce the lesson with a visual image they can take home.
All of that so kids will know...
GOD MADE ME!
GOD LOVES ME!
JESUS WANTS TO BE MY FOREVER FRIEND!
City Kids is a place where kids can be kids! We believe laughing, playing and making friends are important experiences for children to truly learn about God. In the Kidz Wing, kids will engage in worship, experience relevant Bible teaching in a large group setting, and experience age-graded small group activities for connection and application.
All so that elementary kids will know...
I NEED TO MAKE THE WISE CHOICE.
I CAN TRUST GOD NO MATTER WHAT.
I SHOULD TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WANT TO BE TREATED.
Together Everyone Achieves More
Volunteers MAKE City Kids Ministry! Through their presence, love, and connection, kids feel seen and known which is critical in laying a spiritual foundation. PLUS kids ministry volunteers get an inspiring front row seat in watching the love of Jesus come alive through the eyes of a child.
JUST TRY IT OUT... IT'S ONLY ONE HOUR OUT OF YOUR MONTH!
The family experience happens three times a year. It is an interactive worship experience designed for the whole family. It is a great environment to learn how to lead your family to talk about God at home.
Download the Spring 2019 Family Devotional Book HERE!